Standing at 628 feet from sea level and with a beam that can reach 33 miles, the old Spanish lighthouse stands guard at Corregidor.
During the Spanish times, the lighthouse would signal the city if there were ships entering Manila Bay, alerting the authorities to stand guard and be ready to defend the colony.
Originally built in 1836 and rebuilt in 1853, it was again expanded in 1892. It was completely destroyed during the siege of Corregidor in the Second World War. The reconstructed lighthouse was built on the original location of the 1853 lighthouse [source].
(pics, from above: the reconstructed lighthouse, tourists peek through the porthole, view from above the lighthouse)