August 28, 2008

Last Day in Bangkok


My last day in Bangkok was more laid-back and relaxed. No more frenetic visits to famous landmarks, and I was almost done with my shopping. I was meaning to visit Paragon one more time to buy something for my mom, but a Thai friend, O, advised me not to go there because of the anti-government protests. He and Bong, who met me for lunch, took me to another mall at the outskirts of the city instead. From there we went back to Thong Lor for coffee, and then had dinner at an Indian restaurant. We chatted until around 8 pm, when it was time for me to check out and go to the airport.

I started to have end-of-trip melancholic pangs as soon as arrived at the airport. I felt sad because I was leaving, but I was happy too because the trip was very memorable - I made some new friends, I was able to explore Bangkok without any disaster of some sort, and moment I had while on the Sky Train last Monday was something that I will remember for a long time.

I did promise myself while I was boarding the plane that I will be back, soon.


No comments: