January 15, 2007

Chi-Kin-Pox

I am cooped up at home because of a bout of chickenpox. It was a bit surprising because I thought I already had it when I was a kid. Anyhow, I'm out of action (quarantined, I should say) for 7-10 days. I started having the poxes Thursday night and it's actually disgusting to look at. I could feel my next-door neighbor, James, cringe whenever he looks at me. Since I live alone in my apartment and I don't really cook, I leave my daily meals to him to buy for me. I don't really want to venture outside to buy food because I always imagine people will start throwing rocks at me and screaming "leper!" just like in the olden days.

It's a good thing that I took up medicine for it - Acyclovir. Expensive, but it's well worth it, as the poxes stopped coming out a day after I started my medication. Hopefully they will all heal by next week. By then, I'd be spending a fortune for scar removers.

No comments: